Thursday 26 December 2013

About Cats: Cat-Friendly Resolutions for 2014

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Cats

Cat Basics

Health & Behavior

Photos & Forums



It is Christmas afternoon as I prepare this newsletter to go out tomorrow morning. It has been a hectic week, not only with last-minute preparations for Christmas, but with yet another veterinary emergency, with our beloved Joey this time. I left you hanging a bit with the headline piece below, but I'm relieved to report that Joey appears to be much better today

I was touched with the Spirit of Christmas today when I read a number of my readers' responses to Do You Think Cats Have Souls? Today when I think of my loved ones lost, both feline and human, I have no personal doubts at all that they are still with me.

Wishing all my readers the blessings of the season and all it represents.

Connect With Franny:
Facebook | Twitter | Google +|
Pinterest | Free Newsletters

 


Review: Cat's Meow Cat Toy

 I had seen the Cat's Meow toy advertised on television some time ago, but was reluctant to purchase it at that time, because I had read of complaints about "as seen on TV" products.

Photo of my cats playing with the Meow Cat Toy
photo © Franny Syufy

However, while Christmas shopping a few days ago at our local target store, my son found what was apparently the same toy, and thought we could buy it "for the kids," our new kittens, Sage and Gaither. Who'd have thought then that even Jaspurr, our eleven year old cat, might be interested in such a toy?. Read my review to find out the details.

Search Related Topics:  cat toys  interactive cat toys  play-alone cat toys

Cat-Friendly New Year Resolutions for 2014

For several years, I've personally made some Cat-Friendly New Year Resolutions, and 2014 is no exception.

The past several weeks, we've been besieged with sick cats, starting when our new kittens Sage and Gaither turned up with Upper Respiratory Infections. Our oldest cats, litter-mates Jaspurr and Joey, both contracted Conjunctivitis from Gaither, and though Jaspurr is almost free of it now, Joey is seriously ill. Because I know enough to follow my own advice, and know when to call the vet, we rushed him to the vet on December 24th. He had a full body X-Ray, subcutaneous liquids, and the vet drew blood for a CBC (complete blood count). The preliminary results showed a very high white blood cell count and other troubling results, and we'll know more when we get the total results back Friday, and we take him back for a recheck...Read More
Search Related Topics:  new year resolutions  cat care  cat behavior

Top Humane Gifts for the Holidays

Celebrate the true meaning of the Christmas spirit by giving a humane gift from any one of these non-profit animal charities to one of more of your favorite cat lovers.

Would you like to give a gift to your favorite cat person, and at the same time, make a difference in the universe of cats and other animals? These non-profit organizations make all that possible, with a win-win situation for everyone involved, especially the cats who are helped. I've visited several of this organizations for my shopping needs year-round, and they would also make wonderful gifts for New Year, for both you and the recipients.


Cat-Safe Christmas Tree 2013

If I've seemed a little scarce recently, I've been doing what most of my readers have: scrambling to get my act together, including getting our cat-safe Christmas tree up and decorated, with a little help from my friends, namely two boistrous kittens, Sage and Gaither.

Photo of cat-safe Christmas treeThis year, we went to a tree farm, about 25 miles northeast of us off of Highway 50 toward Lake Tahoe. The farm covers 25 acres, and has trees of all varieties. It is eco-friendly too, practicing "stump-culturing," a method which will allow a new tree to grow from the stump left from the one we cut. We didn't even have to cut the tree, once I had found the perfect one, a silver-tip about eight feet tall. All we had to do was holler... Read More...

Search Related Topics:  cat-safe christmas trees  safety for cats  cat toys


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Cat Picture of the Week: Bruschi
Cat Breed of the Week: American Shorthair
Pregnancy - Mating
Cat Food and Nutrition
You and Your Cat
Cat Health

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Franny Syufy
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Cats newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Readers' Share Love for Cats
Memorials to Cats Loved and Lost
Why my Cats Are Members of my Family
Giving Thanks for Cats
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment