Thursday 1 May 2014

About Cats: Happy May Day!

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Cats

Cat Basics

Health & Behavior

Photos & Forums



From Franny Syufy, your Guide to Cats

May is a great month for cat lovers.

  • We honor Tuxedo Cats in our Cat Pictures of the Week features.
  • May 4th is the first day of Be Kind to Animals Week
  • Sunday, May 11th is Mothers' Day, and since my own Mom is long since passed, I have my own way of celebrating.
  • And of course, today is May Day. As a child I celebrated it by picking wild flowers putting them in a small basket made with craft paper, then taking it to an elderly widow to brighten her day. Perhaps I'll do the same thing today with a bouquet of my beautiful roses. I know the perfect lady to receive them.

Connect With Franny:
Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Pinterest | Free Newsletters

Review: Innova Nature's Table Grain Free Dry Cat Food

I recently was given the opportunity to test for review a new dry cat food by Innova: Innova Nature's Table Grain Free Farm-Raised Chicken & Tender Turkey Recipe Adult Cat Food

Photo of Innova Nature's Table Grain Free Chicken and Tender Turkey Dry Cat Food
photo © Natura Pet

This dry food with the lengthy name has an equally lengthy list of pretty impressive ingredients. However, the carbohydrate value was higher than I'd prefer, especially for my diabetic cat, Billy. Still, I'll put it into my rotation of dry cat foods fed as snacks. It certainly beats a lot of other dry cat foods I've reviewed, in terms of nutritional value.Read my review for the details.

Search Related Topics:  cat food  dry cat food  carbohydrates in cat food

May Honors Tuxedo Cats
I can't believe that May is here, and I'm looking forward to featuring Tuxedo Cats.  Tuxedo Cats' striking colors: all black, with a white bib and sometimes... Read more

How Many Times Could a Cat Become Pregnant in a Year?
A reader asked: "I have a question on cat pregnancy. I was wondering if I don't neuter my female and have another cat of the opposite gender in the house... Read more
Search Related Topics:  pregnant cats  spay & neuter  cat reproduction

Cat Picture of the Week: Quirky

Our fourth Cat Picture of the Week for April features Quirky, a blind kitten who already has some degree of fame on the Internet.

Cat Picture of the Week, Quirky
photo © About.com Member vgiannangelo

Vicky adopted Quirky after having volunteered at a local shelter, caring for feral kittens. According to his Facebook page, Quirky will celebrate his ten month "birthday" on May 23rd. A little bird told me he hopes to have 10,000 followers by then. Perhaps my readers can help him out. Read more for the details.



Related Searches
Featured Articles
Cat Breed of the Week: Javanese
Cat Care
Pregnancy / Mating
Health Concerns
Behavior-Training
Cat Food and Nutrition

 

More from About.com

Sign-up for Shareables!
An every-morning rundown of the day in history, headlines and trends produced by your pals at About.com. Please sign up it's free (of course), we think you will like it!



Want More From About.com
Check out our social page tailored to your interest!




This newsletter is written by:
Franny Syufy
Cats Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Cats newsletter. If you wish to change your email address, please click here. If you would like to unsubscribe from all newsletters sent from About.com, please send an email to optout@about.com with "Unsubscribe" as the subject line.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2014 About.com
 


More About Tuxedo Cats
Tuxedo Cats Profile
Facts About Tuxedo Cats
Tuxedo Cats Picture Gallery
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment