Thursday 6 March 2014

About Cats: Happy Birthday Billy and Announcement

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Cats

Cat Basics

Health & Behavior

Photos & Forums



March is turning out to be an exciting and busy month for me. Needless to say, I'm thrilled about my new job, but want to assure my readers that I will still be here at About.com, hopefully for many more years. About.com has always been my personal resource for almost every topic imaginable, and it is a pleasure to work side-by-side with so many talented experts.

If you enjoy my weekly newsletters, consider passing one on to a friend who loves cats. I always welcome new readers.

Connect With Franny:
Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Pinterest | Free Newsletters


Happy Birthday Billy!

Once again, the greeting card from VPI Pet Insurance reminded me of a birthday, and today is Billy's 11th birthday. He was born on March 5, 2003, and we adopted him on July 27th of that year. You can see a number of photos in Billy's Baby Book.

Photo of kitten Billy
photo © Franny Syufy

The day we brought Billy home, he was a scrawny little guy with an Upper Respiratoy Infection (URI). I rushed him to the vet the next day, and Dr. Dietrich estimated from his teeth that he was a very young kitten. He was astonished when I told him that he had been born on March 5th, as we...read more

 


Poll: Where Does Your Cat Sleep?

Some people complain of being sleep-deprived because of their cats. Others freely share their own beds with as many cats as will fit. How about you? Take this poll and tell the world where your cat sleeps.

In my family, our cats sleep in various places and positions during the day. Gaither, our tuxedo kitten, sleeps on a beanbag chair, on one or another of the cat towers throughout the house, or on...read more

 


Top Canned Cat Food
Recently revised, these are some of my personal selections of canned food for my cats. Some of them do include grains, so keep that in mind if you have diabetic cats. Also remember that cats can be finicky eaters, and their taste buds can soon tire of a previously favorite brand or flavor.
Search Related Topics:  canned cat food  chicken cat food  cat food ingredients

Important Announcement

It is my pleasure to announce my new position with Pet Healthy Holdings, LLC, manufacturer of Perfect Litter and other pet products. My position as Cats Expert will include responding to Ask Franny questions, either in a blog or video.

Screenshot of Pet Healthy Holdings LLC
image © Pet Healthy Holdings, LLC

In addition, the blog will include weekly articles on topics indluding cat health, behavior, cat food, cat litter, cat care, and more. As on About.com, I will not give specific advice on cat health issues, but will offer general information on various diseases and other medical conditions...learn more

 

 

Search Related Topics:  writing about cats  cat care  cat health


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Cat Picture of the Week: Sebastian
Cat Breed of the Week: Devon Rex
Cats for Beginners
Pregnancy / Mating
Behavior-Training
Shelter's Innovative "Get Lucky" Adoption Event

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Franny Syufy
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Cats newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2014 About.com
 


Must Reads
11 Wildlife Dangers to Cats
Is Your Cat in Heat?
Top 10 Mistakes of Cat Owners
Cat Behavior 101
Cat Years
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment