Sunday 2 February 2014

About Cats: You, Your Cat, and Cat Photos

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Cats

Cat Basics

Health & Behavior

Photos & Forums



First, I have good news: I have decided to continue the Cat Picture of the Week. If in the early months there have not been enough entries, I'll reach back to the previous year, since those cats should also have a chance for the honors.

As far as white cats, they must be pure white, and not a mixture of other colors. One reader will be disappointed because she submitted a beautiful cat who is white with a large black/tabby cap on her head, an even larger black patch on her back and a fluffy black tail. I won't be able to approve it, nor am I able to move it to another Show and Tall category.

As a reminder, here is the list of monthly featured cats.

Connect With Franny:
Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Pinterest | Free Newsletters

 


Question from Jay:

"I have a Tabby Tortie and a black oriental mix – both rescues – that I would love to send pictures in for. My problem is that I’m not sure how to do it. I have tons of pictures in my phone and a couple on Facebook, but I don’t know to get them posted onto your site. If you could provide directions somehow to do that, I would love to send my photos to you! I’m just somewhat technologically disadvantaged…"

My Response: Since you are clever enough to use your smart phone to post photos on Facebook, you can use it to submit photos using your phone. Your cats are both Domestic cats which are featured in August. Don't wait until then though. Use this form to submit their photos in the part where it says "Talk About Your Cat." But please send each cat's photo in a separate submittal. I rarely use two cats' photos in the Cat Picture of the Week features.


How Can I Send You A Photo for Cat Picture of the Week?
Sorry, but I have never accepted photos directly for my Cat Picture of the Week feature, Many years ago, I thought of a way to surprise and honor my readers by giving their cats this kind of recognition. It has always given me as much pleasure as it has the recipient. As above, each Cat Picture of the Week is selected by me from that month's type of cat.

80 Ways to Share Cat Pictures With Other Readers

Don't forget the other ways to submit photos for publishing. I often feature them on my blog or as illustration for articles. For example, you can choose Funny Cats, such as Silly Sleeper Cats, or Container Cats. Or Special Cats, such as Special Needs Cats, or Cat Memorials.

How About Holiday Cat Pictures? Don't forget Valentine's Day is coming soon!

 

Search Related Topics:  cat pictures  special cat pictures  fun cat pictures

No Photos? Try User Answers

User Answers are a quick and easy way to share ideas with other readers. I do not yet have an index, but will work on one soon. Here are some popular topics to start with:



Related Searches
Featured Articles
Kittens Picture Galleries
Cat Breed Picture Albums
Franny's GuideCats Picture Albums
Cool Cat Pictures of the Week
Cat Hobbies and Pastimes Picture Gallery
Halloween Cats Picture Gallery

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Franny Syufy
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Cats newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Don't Forget About.com Cats!
Franny's Main Website
Cats Forum
About Franny
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment