Thursday 3 January 2013

About Cats: Happy New Year, Cat Lovers!

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Cats

Cat Basics

Health & Behavior

Photos & Forums



From Franny Syufy, your Guide to Cats

My Fur Family made it through New Year's Eve quite well. We listened to holiday music until 8 p.m., when the Tribute to Dick Clark New Year's Eve festivities started at Times Square in New York. As long as I paid total attention to each one of the kitties, they were purrfectly happy to watch television with me.

For me though, Wednesday was Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year all-in-one for me and my family. This year couldn't have started out better. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Connect With Franny

Facebook | Twitter | Free Newsletter


January Features Adopted Shelter Kittens

photo of small black kittenJanuary is set aside for featuring Adopted Shelter Kittens, and the Cat Pictures of the Week are selected from the Adopted Shelter Kittens Show and Tell Feature.

Akita, shown here was the first Cat of the Week for January 2011.
Photo Credit: © Meg, About.com Guest...read more.

Search Related Topics:  adopted shelter kittens  cat pictures of the week 

Happy 2013, Cat Lovers!

Today, my cats are thinking about writing their New Year's Resolutions. They can use Cat Stanley's set over at the Catalyst Council as an example. They are wonderful folks over at the CATalyst Council. It's both an informative site, and a fun place to hang out. If you haven't guessed, its ALL ABOUT the CAT.

As for me, my New Year's Resolutions haven't . . .Read more


The Man Behind the Cats

Nearly 16 years ago, a friend emailed a group of us, telling us that a new company, The Mining Company, was hiring writers with experience writing HTML for a variety of topics. I was in a semi-limbo as a real estate broker, and decided to take a look. My husband stood behind me as I scrolled down the list. Suddenly, he said, "Cats! You could write about cats." At that time the requirements were a thorough knowledge of the subject, strong writing skills, and a working knowledge of HTML. That was the start of my career writing about cats, and my husband, Asa, the man behind the cats became my strongest supporter, and remained so until he went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2008.

Had he lived, December 25th would have been Asa's 75th birthday, and I know he would have been as proud of me as he always was, and as devoted to our cats. I couldn't let the day pass by without acknowledging the effect he has had on my life, my love for cats, and my choice of a career.

More on Men and Cats

Search Related Topics:  men and cats  asa syufy  memorial tribute

2013 Cat Calendars

photo of tuxedo cat in a garden
Image Courtesy of PriceGrabber

Cat calendars make wonderful gifts to fellow cat lover, or to yourself if you didn't receive any for Christmas. I have wall calendars featuring cats in almost every room in my home (except the john).

I've selected an even dozen hanging wall calendars, although when you click on the links, you will sometimes also see page-a-day desk calendars and other types of desk calendars too. Included are some of the most popular cat breeds, such as the perennial Number 1, the Persian, popular color patterns, such as the tuxedo kitty shown above, and calendars by some of the beloved artists, such as the revered Charles Wysocki, and the exquisite art of Lesley Anne Ivory, who paints her calendars from her own cats.

Search Related Topics:  cat calendars  cat art  cat breeds

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Cat Picture of the Week: Punkin
Kitten Care
Feline Behavior
Cat Food and Nutrition
Cat Health
Litter Box Essentials

 

More from About.com

The Perfect Engagement Ring
How to find a gorgeous ring with a style and price that suit your needs. Read more...>



Hometown Holidays
Discover the best holiday events near your hometown. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Franny Syufy
Cats Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Cats newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
The Anatomy of Pet Food Recalls
Top Reasons to Keep Cats Indoors
Is Your Cat in Heat?
Cat Behavior 101
Cat Years
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment