Thursday 23 February 2012

About Cats: Two Anniversaries, Readers' Choice Voting

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Cats

Cat Basics

Health & Behavior

Photos & Forums



From Franny Syufy, your Guide to Cats

Monday was a banner day for me, as I celebrated my 15th year writing about cats on this Website. No lesser an occasion was my J-Boys, Jaspurr and Joey's 10th birthday. My two kittens that I searched for long and hard in 2002, are now senior cats.

I was too busy setting up the RCA voting to do much partying, but I hope you'll join me now for some late celebrations.

Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Free Email Courses


Two Kittens Are Better Than One

In 2002, littermates Jaspurr and Joey came into my home and my heart. I had searched for several months for two kittens, and one of them had to be red. With the passing of our beloved Shannon in July of 2001, it was the first time since our marriage that we had not had at least one "Sunshine Boy." Because our remaining cat, Bubba, was a very spoiled senior cat, it took a lot of convincing before my husband would agree to the possibility. I finally convinced him that with two kittens, they could keep each other company, and Bubba would not feel threatened or annoyed.

Please join me for our week-long party, and learn why two kittens are better than one.


Review: EVO Turkey and Chicken Grain-Free Cat Food

When I bought this food to test for my cats, one of them couldn't wait, and tore the bag apart before I could even open it. Later, when I checked their feeding station, the EVO bowl was empty, and the bowl next to it was still half-full of another brand. Okay, my cats loved the taste of EVO. However, there are a a couple of reasons why I wouldn't recommend feeding this food to some cats. One of them is that, although Innova advertises it as low-calorie, the kcal/cup (caloric measurement) is much higher than a few other grain-free dry foods, so caregivers of obese cats should probably look elsewhere. Read my full review to learn more about EVO Turkey and Chicken Grain-Free Cat Food.

More Cat Food Information


Finalists Voting Open for Readers' Choice Awards

It's time to vote for your favorite finalist in each of six categories for Cats. Users are required to log in via their Facebook or About.com accounts to vote, and any votes not originating from the about.com domain will be rejected. For more information, see 2012 Readers' Choice Awards on About.com.

Read the description, and follow the link for each finalist to learn more about them and to help you form your decisions. Then, return here and follow the voting link for each Cats Category.


You've Gotta Be Smarter (Than the Cat)

This was one of the first articles I published circa 2/20/97, when I was the Cat Lovers Guide, and today, on my 15th "GUIDEiversary" I'm celebrating by sharing this article with my readers. The subjects of this article (Asa and Bubba) are both deceased now, romping together at the Rainbow Bridge, as I know their bond continues in another dimension. My writing style has changed somewhat since then, as has the look and feel of our web pages - we were known as "The Mining Company" back then. Our page colors were a puce green, and blogs were unheard of.

Are any of us actually smarter than our cats now? Bet me!


 


Cats Ads
Featured Articles
Cat Picture of the Week: Kasha
Cool Cat Photo: Cleo's New Red Ball
Your First Cat
Cat Care
Kitten Care
Cat Food and Nutrition

 

More from About.com

Top 10 Skin Myths
How do you know the information and advice you get about your skin is true? Start with this article, which debunks some of the the most persistent myths out there. More>



Learn a New Hobby
Are you thinking about taking up a new hobby? From chess to painting to birdwatching, this comprehensive list provides a wide variety of options, to suit all sorts of interests. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Franny Syufy
Cats Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Cats newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
Readers' Choice Awards Finalists Voting
Is Your Cat in Heat?
10 Top Mistakes of Cat Owners
Cat Behavior 101
Cat Years
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment